Although Dr. Buch
is best known for his expertise in performing vasectomy reversals
, he is also very knowledgeable in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of male infertility issues. Male infertility accounts for 60% of all infertility issues experienced by couples; and in 20% of these cases, it is a combined issue of both male and female fertility. That is why it is very important for the male’s fertility
to be assessed when a couple is experiencing difficulties conceiving. One important first step in assessing whether a male has infertility issues is through semen analysis. Fortunately, Dr. Buch and his clinic offer on-site semen analysis. Dr. Buch effectively uses semen analyses to assist in determining whether a male has infertility issues, and if so, what can be done to resolve them.
Semen analysis can accurately detect issues of concern, such as:
- Azoospermia: Absence of sperm in semen
- Oligospermia: A low concentration of sperm
- Sperm Motility: Sperm does not travel well enough to allow fertilization by either internal or external fertilization methods
- Sperm Morphology: Problems with the size and shape of the sperm affects fertility
- Varicocele: Enlarged (varicose) veins inside the scrotum leading to deficiencies in sperm count or quality
The presence of any of these factors that affects the ability of a couple to conceive may indicate another general medical condition that the male should have addressed. Abnormalities in a semen exam should lead to a complete medical history and physical exam to ensure there are no other more serious general medical conditions.
Starting a family after cancer: Male infertility treatment in Dallas, TXRead More
Dallas male infertility specialist discusses symptoms and treatmentRead More
Are infertility treatments available for Dallas area men?Read More
Learn the causes of male infertility and attain fertility with Frisco doctor’s expertiseRead More
Treatment for male infertility in Frisco, TXRead More