Erectile dysfunction demystified in Dallas
We have arrived at a point in time where erectile dysfunction can be discussed openly, without embarrassment, and men can now seek valid treatment. Male reproductive health expert, Dr. Jeffrey Buch, shares information on the history and causes of erectile dysfunction for the education of patients in the Dallas area.
Age old problem
ED has affected male performance since ancient times. While it is more common after age 50, it can occur at any point in adult life.
- Medieval Muslim pharmacists and physicians treated it with a combination of diet and drugs.
- By the 1800s, many cultures were injecting a testosterone extract from sheep testis.
- The first vacuum pump for this purpose, became available in the 1960s.
- The inflatable penile implant was developed in the 1970s.
- A breakthrough came in 1983, when Dr. Giles Brindley discovered the impact of an injected alpha-blocker.
- Viagra became available in pill form in 1991.
Dr. Buch takes a comprehensive approach to diagnosis, considering physical, emotional, lifestyle, and medical factors such as these:
- How long have you had ED? It could simply be stress-related if it has existed for less than three months.
- What other symptoms are present? Loss of libido? The decrease in body hair? Breast enlargement? Reduced muscle mass? These may be symptoms of low testosterone.
- Do you have elevated blood pressure, high cholesterol, or hardening of the arteries?
- Are you experiencing depression? Anti-anxiety drugs can cause ED.
- Do you have any condition such as MS or HSV2 that may have affected nerves in the genital area?
Dr. Buch makes a thorough analysis of factors that could be contributing to your ED. Then he works with you to develop an individualized treatment plan to restore normal function.
There has never been a better time to call Legacy Male Health in Frisco, TX – (972) 996-7177.